Samsung has started rolling the third Android Pie beta update for Galaxy S8 and S8+. The latest update certainly brings some improvements and stability to the 2nd beta build. With this update, Samsung has bumped the software version of both the device to G950FXXU4ZSAI (S8) and G955FXXU4ZSAI (S8+)
The third beta update with software version G950FXXU4ZSAI/ G955FXXU4ZSAI weighs almost 700mb which comes with February 2018 security patch. As the usual routine goes, the update is rolling over-the-air. If you choose to download, do it using Wi-Fi. Well, as it’s a beta program you have to enroll in the same or you should be running the 2nd beta build.
Also, in case you don’t receive the OTA update, we will put up the firmware for the same which you can flash manually. As usual, you have to use ODIN tool to install the G950FXXU4ZSAI/ G955FXXU4ZSAI firmware to taste the third Beta Pie OS on your S8/S8+. You can find the link for the firmware and installation guide in the respective sections.
G950FXXU4ZSAI/ G955FXXU4ZSAI Changelog:
- February 2018 security patch
- Bug fixes and improvements
Check for Software Update:
After you enroll in the beta program, Go to device Settings > Software updates > tap on Download updates manually. You will see the new beta update and then click on Download to grab it.[su_expand]
Alternatively, you can download and flash the OTA firmware manually.
Steps to Install One UI update on Galaxy S8:
Before flashing the firmware you have to follow some guidelines which we have listed below.
- This firmware is exclusively for Galaxy S8 /S8+
- Make sure to have more than 50% battery on your device.
- A PC or Laptop to perform the installation.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking/damage to your device while/after installing this firmware update. Follow the steps carefully.
Here is the tutorial which will guide you to perform the installation of the G950FXXU4ZSAI/ G955FXXU4ZSAI firmware to complete stock on your galaxy S8/S8+.How To Install One UI Android Pie Beta Update on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
So, that’s it. After waiting all these months you can now install and enjoy the official Android 9.0 Pie on your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.[/su_expand]