Today Samsung Canada started rolling a new firmware update which upgrades the security patch level to February 2018 on Galaxy S9 SM-G960W. The update is labeled with software version G960WVLU1ARB7 and brings all the latest security vulnerabilities fix for the devices. Now you can download and install the build number G960WVLU1ARB7 with February 2018 Security Patch update for Samsung Galaxy S9 [Canada]. If you are excited about Android Oreo, this update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Talking about the specs, Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is a dual SIM smartphone launched in February 2018. The phone comes with a 6.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 1.7GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor with 3500mAH battery and 6 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S9 Plus brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Supported carriers in Canada are: Bell, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, Rogers, Sasktel, Telus and more.
The update has started rolling over the air for users running on stock firmware. If you are running Stock ROM without any root or mods, then you can simply wait for the OTA to roll out and then hit and upgrade the OS to February 2018 Security patch on Canada Galaxy S9. In case if your device is rooted, then you can manually upgrade to G960WVLU1ARB7 build on Canada Galaxy S9 (SM-G960W) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy S9 SM-G960W?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, Galaxy S9 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading February 2018 Security for Galaxy S9 (SM-G960W). As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Table of Contents
Steps to Install G960WVLU1ARB7 on Galaxy S9 Canada manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy S9.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy S9
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to G960WVLU1ARB7 on Galaxy S9 SM-G960W.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices