Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F) started receiving a new software update which brings April 2018 Security Patch level to the table along with regular bug fixes and improvement. The new update bumps the software version to G965FXXS1ARD1 / G965FXXS1ARD2 and it is currently rolling via OTA for Galaxy S9 Plus all around the globe. It is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo under the hood. According to Samsung, the update fixes seven critical vulnerabilities that were found in the Android OS and also fixes a couple of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities. Now download and install either G965FXXS1ARD1 / G965FXXS1ARD2 April 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and rolling in a stage-wise manner. To reach every user, it can take weeks or month to enjoy the latest April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy S9 Plus. If you have not received the update, then kindly wait for the OTA notification to hit your phone or you can manually check the latest software update which upgrades the build number G965FXXS1ARD1 / G965FXXS1ARD2 on Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F).
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is a dual SIM smartphone launched in February 2018. The phone comes with a 6.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 1.7GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor with 3500mAH battery and 6 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S9 Plus brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy S9 Plus?
- In your Galaxy S9 Plus, Open Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If you have the new software update, tap Download button to start downloading. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- The device will reboot, you can wait for the installation process to complete. Once it is done, Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
Before proceeding to upgrade the Galaxy S9 Plus, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading April 2018 Security for Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F). As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
In case if still not received the G965FXXS1ARD1 / G965FXXS1ARD2 build, then you can manually install the update on your Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F) by using ODIN Downloader. Now there is the OTA firmware that you can manually install on your phone. We have put up the entire process to flash the G965FXXS1ARD1 / G965FXXS1ARD2 update that brings the April 2018 security patch.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device.
Steps to Install G965FXXS1ARD1 / G965FXXS1ARD2 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy S9 Plus
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to G965FXXS1ARD1 / G965FXXS1ARD2 on Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy S9 Plus based on Android 8.0 Oreo.