Samsung started seeding the January 2021 security patch update for the Galaxy S9 Plus based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update is now live with software version G965FXXSEFUA1 globally. Here you can easily download and manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S9 Plus.
The all-new January 2021 patch set brings the improved system security for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F) model via OTA in a phased manner. Therefore, we can expect that the update will soon arrive at all the units globally. However, we will recommend you to check for OTA updates manually on your device. If not, then follow the full guide to install the new version on your handset by following the guide below.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Specifications:
The handset features a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED 19:9 aspect ratio display. Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is powered by an octa-core Exynos 9820 SoC coupled with 8GB/12GB of RAM. The device offers 128GB/1TB of internal storage which can be expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card.
It packs a 4,100 mAh non-removable battery with fast charging and wireless charging support. The Galaxy S10 Plus runs on Samsung’s latest One UI custom skin based on Android 9.0 Pie custom skin. The S10 sports a 12MP primary (f/1.5), a secondary 12MP camera (f/2.4), and a third 16MP ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2). The rear camera setup has PDAF, HDR, and an LED flash. While the front features a 10MP selfie camera + an 8MP RGB depth sensor with an f/1.9 aperture lens and autofocus.
In terms of the connectivity options, the S10 Plus includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C port, 3G, Dual 4G LTE Nano-SIM, and more. It includes accelerometer, ambient light, barometer, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus also supports face unlock.
Check Software Updates
Some times, the OTA update may take some time to appear on all the units. Therefore, you should check for the OTA update manually by heading over to the phone Settings >> System >> System Updates. If available, simply download and install it.
Firmware Details: G965FXXSEFUA1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G965FXXSEFUA1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
If in case, you’re not getting the software update notification on your device, just follow the requirements and download links below before heading over to the firmware installation guide.
- This ROM is for the Galaxy S9 Plus (Global) variant only.
- Charge your device more than 60%.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your device data backed up completely.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded all the required files, drivers, and tools on your PC.
Firmware Installation Guide: G965FXXSEFUA1
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.