Samsung is rolling out the latest February 2019 patch for Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus model under G965FXXU2CSB9 build number. This update will bring security updates and new Android 9.0 Pie to the device. Along with that, this update will fix stability and lagging issues for Galaxy S9 Plus users.
Like any usual update, this update will roll out in phases with OTA technology. Since it’s going to push the update in phases, everyone will not get the update at the same time. Getting the update is an easy process and we will guide you through the process. For users who want to update ASAP, we will guide you to manually download and update G965FXXU2CSB9 February 2019 Patch for Galaxy S9 Plus.
- 1 Download G965FXXU2CSB9: February 2019 Patch for Galaxy S9 Plus
- 2 G965FXXU2CSB9: Install February 2019 Security Update via OTA
- 3 Manually Installing Update on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (Guatemala)
- 4 Steps to Install G965FXXU2CSB9: February 2019 Patch
Download G965FXXU2CSB9: February 2019 Patch for Galaxy S9 Plus
Updating your android device is very important as it brings up all the necessary security updates in your smartphone. These updates help to keep your smartphone fast, organized and threat free. Samsung is known for updating their devices with the latest security updates for their devices and Galaxy S9 Plus is no exception.
As per the requirements, you should be getting an update notification on your device. If it’s not there, no problem we will help you to update manually. since this update is rolling out via OTA, not all users will get this at the same time.
G965FXXU2CSB9: Firmware Details
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (Guatemala)
- Model: SM-G965F
- Baseband Version: G965FXXU2CSB9
- patch Level: 2019-02-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: Android 9.0 Pie
G965FXXU2CSB9: Install February 2019 Security Update via OTA
Like any OTA update, you will be able to see an update notification in your device with a build no. – G965FXXU2CSB9. Since this update is meant for large no. of the audience so everyone is not going to get this update at the same time. However, you can have the upper hand here and search for the OTA manually. You can check for the update as follows:
- Open the settings app on your device.
- Navigate to Settings > System updates
- Tap on Check for updates.
- If you see the prompt shows up to download G965FXXU2CSB9 update, then tap on Download
Manually Installing Update on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (Guatemala)
This is a manual process of updating the device. You will download the firmware and use the Odin tool to install the stock firmware on the Galaxy S9 Plus. Below you can find the firmware download link as well as other required drivers. We have also mentioned the guide which will help you flash the firmware on your Galaxy S9 Plus.
Download Required Files
These are the files which you will be needing to install the February Security Update on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
Steps to Install G965FXXU2CSB9: February 2019 Patch
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- This guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Charge the device battery up to 50%
- Don’t forget to take a complete backup of your phone
- Install the Latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
Instructions to Install February 2019 Patch on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
After downloading the update, you need to use ODIN Tool to flash it on your device. If you are doing it for the first time then don’t worry. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the OTA update on Galaxy S9 Plus.
So, that’s it, guys. Security updates are always the most important aspect of using smartphones. I hope this guide was useful to upgrade February 2019 update for your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. If you’ve got any queries do let us know in the comments section below.