Samsung in USA carrier started receiving the Android 10 update based on One UI 2.0 skin for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. The update is labeled with build number G965USQU7DTA8 and comes with all the OneUI 2.0 features along with Android 10. As we speak, the update is currently live for US Cellular users and will soon hit other carriers like Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T with the Galaxy S9 Plus Snapdragon variant. Suppose if you have not received the update, then make sure to check for the OTA update manually.
The new update with Android 10 includes the February 2020 Android security patch to fix security vulnerabilities. If you have not received any update, then you can follow our guide to install the Android 10 Stable One UI 2.0 manually on Galaxy S9 Plus with build number G965USQU7DTA8. Before installing the update via ODIN, let’s check for the Software OTA update
Check Software OTA update
If you are running the latest beta build, then you should be receiving this OTA automatically on your device. However, sometimes due to phased rollout, some users may miss out on the update. They can check for the update manually on their devices.
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> “Software update” to select the “Download and install” option. The OTA update weighs about 140MB and carries build number G965USQU7DTA8. We suggest you use Wi-Fi to download and install this update. Also, watch out for the battery charge. Have around 50% or more battery before installing the update.
Android 10: Overview
Android 10 (aka Android Q) has been released by Google officially in September 2019 after releasing a couple of Developer Preview builds for some of the early enrolled Android devices. Though most of the smartphone OEMs are trying to deliver the latest Android version to its eligible devices as soon as possible, some of the devices are still in the queue. It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 9.0 Pie which a great hit. Check out some of the highlighted features of Android 10 below.
Android 10 brings so many features and improvements over the Android 9 Pie. Here we have mentioned some of the most highlighted features that you will find useful in your daily life. Such as the system-wide dark mode, focus mode (Digital Wellbeing), gestures navigation, sound amplifier, live caption, etc. While it also features 5G & foldable display support, family link, easy security updates, improved app & location permissions, smart reply, chat bubble, improved system security, and more.
One UI 2.0: Overview
Last year Samsung has launched a fully new and improved custom skin for its Galaxy devices that are running on Android 9 Pie or higher and a new journey begins. After leaving the traditional TouchWiz interface, both Samsung and its users feel relieved. The One UI offers plenty of new features and additional improvements to the system along with customized UI, visuals that users appreciated. Now, the 2nd-gen One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 also offers plenty of new features and improvements.
One UI basically brings an improved and smoother user experience over the interface that offers the tasks easier. The legacy continues with the One UI 2.0 as well. It looks cleaner and minimal too including the eye-catching icons. The UI also provides less distraction and a one-handed operational element for the bigger Galaxy devices. Meanwhile, it also features new swipe gestures, improved navbar, themes, useful shortcuts, dynamic lock screen, dark mode, Digital Wellbeing, a built-in screen recorder, new camera UI, and more.
This software update brings the latest Android 10 OS, with new features including Live Transcribe, Smart Reply, improved Gestures, and Camera UX, and Focus Mode. Night Mode has been renamed to Dark Mode. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
Android 10 OS Update
Android 10 OS offers some of the newest ways to control your privacy, customize your phone, and get things done. It’s Android, just the way you want it.
- Sound AmplifierWith Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine-tuned to your listening preferences. Whether talking to your best friend, watching TV, or listening to a lecture — just plug in your headphones and hear everything more clearly.
- Smart ReplyIn Android 10, you get more than just suggested responses to your messages. You also get the recommended actions. So, if a friend asks you out to dinner, your phone will suggest you text thumbs up. Then, it’ll also pull up directions right in Google Maps™. It even works in messaging apps like Signal.
- Live TranscribeReal-time transcriptions for the world around you. Now with sound events that show you when someone is clapping, a dog is barking, someone is whistling, and more.
- Gesture Navigation
Gestures are now quicker and more intuitive than ever. Go backward and forwards, pull up the home screen, and swipe up to see your open apps. All super smooth
- Focus ModeFor getting in the zone and minimizing distractions. Turn on Focus mode with a single tap to pause apps that you’ve selected.
How to Install Galaxy S9 Plus Android 10 Stable One UI 2.0 update
In case manual searching for OTA also fails, you can simply download the G965USQU7DTA8 firmware zip and install it manually on your device. However, before installing, let’s check out the basic info about the stock firmware.
Firmware Details: G965USQU7DTA8
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Model No: SM-G965U
- Region: USA
- Build number: G965USQU7DTA8
- Android OS Version: Android 10 Q
- Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01
Before you flash the stock firmware, you need to follow some guidelines and get some other tools with you which is important for the installation.
- The firmware we have put up here is exclusively for the Galaxy S9 Plus variant (SM-G965U). Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the battery of your smartphone up to 50% or more to perform the installation without interruptions.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Take a complete backup of your device and the data present in it before installing the new software.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the tutorial to install the stock ROM on your Galaxy S9 Plus.
So, that’s it. Download the firmware and flash it now to step up your Galaxy S9 Plus variant to Android 10. We hope that this guide was useful to you.