Samsung started rolling its next new update for the Galaxy S10E (SM-G970F) with February 2021 Security patch. The update arrives in Europe with a software version G970FXXS9EUB1 based on Android 11. As we talk, the update already rolled out in Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more. Here you can download and install this firmware update on your Galaxy S10E easily.
As the firmware update is arriving over the air in an incremental manner, it will take some time to hit all the units. It’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device if you can’t wait further. Alternatively, you can follow our full-depth guide below to install the firmware including download links and requirements. This new firmware update brings a critical security vulnerability in the System component that could enable a remote attacker that could affect Android devices.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update Manually
Due to the incremental OTA roll-out process, most of the devices receive firmware updates periodically according to the region and server. However, you can manually check the OTA update on your handset. Head over to the device Settings >> System >> System Updates >> Check for Updates.
If a new firmware update is available for your device, just download and install it by following on-screen instructions. For a smoother update, make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and charge your handset more than 60%.
Firmware Info: G970FXXS9EUB1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10E (SM-G970F)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G970FXXS9EUB1
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10E
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G970FXXS9EUB1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S10E in the European region.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S10E firmware flash file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the COM port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.Video Tutorial To Install Firmware
So, make sure to download the February 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy S10E model with build number G970FXXS9EUB1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.