Samsung started rolling the January 2021 security patch software update for the Galaxy S10E variant with build number G970FXXU9EUA4. The update brings no major changes apart from the security fix and minor update to improve the performance.
The update started seeding via OTA (over the air) for users around the globe with a device mode (SM-G970F). If you have not received this OTA update, then you can manually flash this via ODIN software on your device. You can follow this guide to flash the G970FXXU9EUA4 build manually on Galaxy S10E.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Device overview:
Galaxy S10E comes with a 5.8-inch touch AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 19:9. Samsung Galaxy S10e is powered by an octa-core Samsung Exynos 9820 chipset paired with 6GB of RAM. While the internal storage comes in 128GB which can be expanded via MicroSD card up to 512GB. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie over One UI out-of-the-box.
According to the camera specifications, the Galaxy S10e sports a 12MP primary (f/1.5) and a secondary 16MP camera (f/2.2) on the rear side. It also features an LED flash and PDAF. It packs a 10MP selfie shooter on the front side which supports the AI Face Unlock option. The Samsung Galaxy S10e is a dual Nano-SIM device that features IP68 certification for dust and water protection. The handset packs a decent 3,100 mAh non-removable battery with wireless charging and proprietary fast charging support.
In terms of the connectivity options, the device includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5, NFC, USB OTG, USB Type-C, 3G, Dual 4G LTE, and more. The device features an accelerometer, ambient light, barometer, magnetometer, gyro, proximity, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Check Software Updates
Before manually upgrading your device via ODIN, you can check the software update, Just tap on the Settings menu > Software Update > If available for your region, tap on Download and Install.
Make sure to check for the mentioned build number of the update as well. However, if you have some pending updates available, we’ll recommend you complete installing all the available updates to get a new one in the future.
Just make sure to connected to a good mobile data or Wi-Fi network for a better downloading speed. Also, keep in mind to have a proper battery backup on your device (around 50%).
However, if in case, there is no update available on your device, we have an additional method that you can manually follow below. First of all, let’s check out the firmware update info before heading over to the manual firmware installation method.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10E (SM-G970F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G970FXXU9EUA4
- Android OS Version: Android 11 R
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
How to Install Galaxy S10E January 2021 Security Patch
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (G970FXXU9EUA4) is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy S10E model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- G970FXXU9EUA4 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S10E stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest January 2021 security patch on your Galaxy S10E device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.