Samsung in USA started pushing the latest June 2020 Android Security Patch level for the Galaxy S10E model in US Carriers like Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile. The update bumps up a new software version G970USQU3DTE8 based on Android 10. If you are waiting for this update, then manually install the firmware using this guide.
The firmware update is waving in a phased manner via OTA and may take a couple of days or so in order to hit all the US carriers with Galaxy S10E units. As mentioned the software update brings the latest June 2020 Android Security Patchset that offers security vulnerability fixes that can prevent remote attackers to harm your device system and data. Either you can check for OTA updates on your handset or manually flash the firmware by following the guide below.
In order to check for the OTA update, just head over to the Settings > Software updates > Check for updates. If the new update is available, download and install it. Ensure to connect your handset to the Wi-Fi network and charge it more than 50%.
Table of Contents
Firmware Details: G970USQU3DTE8
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S10E
- Model Number: SM-G970U
- Region: USA
- Build Number: G970USQU3DTE8
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
- Supported Carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint
How to Flash June 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy S10E (US Carriers)
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S10E device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM is supported only on the Samsung Galaxy S10E US Carriers variant (SM-G970U).
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- You need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable to install this.
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the June 2020 Security patch for your US Carriers Galaxy S10E model with build number G970USQU3DTE8. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.