Samsung started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F) with build number G973FXXS3BSL4. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy S10 device in the Europe region.
As we speak, the update is live in Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region. The update is based on Android 10. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy S10 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Device overview:
Samsung Galaxy S10 was announced in January 2019 which sports a 6.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 3040 x 1440 pixels with 551 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
Samsung Galaxy S10 is powered by an Exynos 9820 (8 nm) – EMEA/LATAM or Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) – USA/China chipset coupled with 8GB of RAM and 128/512GB of internal storage. It also supports a 1TB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under One UI and backed by a 3400 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 12MP + 12MP + 16MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 10MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with a fingerprint sensor under the display.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the G973FXXS3BSL4 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F)
- Region: Europe
- Build number: G973FXXS3BSL4
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Country: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G973FXXS3BSL4) is supported for Samsung Galaxy S10
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device