Today Samsung rolled a new software update for Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G980F) which brings February 2021 Security Patch, camera update and also bug fixes. With this update, Samsung has improved the overall performance of the device and optimized better. The update is labeled with software version G980FXXU6DUB5 and based on Android 11.
As usual, the update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users around the globe. If you have not received then you may have to wait for the auto notification update which will receive on your Galaxy S20 with build number G980FXXU6DUB5. To receive this update, make sure whether you are running the latest one. You can always manually check for the OTA update by going into Settings on your Galaxy S20 (SM-G980F).
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on your Galaxy S20?
To check whether you have received any OTA update with build number G980FXXU6DUB5, you can go into settings –> System > System Updates. If you have any update, then you will see a new screen with the software details. You can hit the download now button to confirm the update process.
Ensure that your phone should be charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
If there is no update, then you can manually download and install the Samsung firmware on your Galaxy S20. Well, OTA rollout is a phase-wise manner, it may take a week or months to complete the update process. So patience is important.
Firmware Info: G980FXXU6DUB5
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G980F)
- Region: Global release
- Build Number: G980FXXU6DUB5
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy S20
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G980FXXU6DUB5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: G980FXXU6DUB5
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S20 stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the February 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy S20 model with build number G980FXXU6DUB5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.