Good news for all the Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20 Plus 5G European variant users. Finally Samsung has started pushing a new firmware update that includes software version G981BXXU2ATE6 / G986BXXU2ATE6 which fixes the Autofocus Issue, Improves Fingerprint Scanner along with May 2020 Security patch. It’s available in European countries like Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, etc. If you’re interested then you can install the May 2020 Patch for Galaxy S20/S20+ (Europe).
Although there is nothing extra included in this update according to the changelog except for the May 2020 Android Security Patch Level. Now, talking about the update, it will improve the system security and performance for the device. While the patchset brings a major security vulnerability fix that could harm your data or system badly. So, it’s always recommended to upgrade your device to its latest version. In order to do this, either you can check for OTA or manually flash the firmware.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Updates
It’s quite obvious that not all the device users will get the OTA update notification at the same time. Even some of the users may not receive the OTA update due to carrier or region issues. So, it’s better to always check for the OTA update manually whenever the company releases a new update. In order to do that, head over to the device Settings > System > System updates. Ensure that the device is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you can proceed below to manually flash the firmware update on your Samsung device by following the guide below. Before going to the installation steps, let’s take a quick look at the firmware details below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+
- Model: SM-G986B
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G981BXXU2ATE6 / G986BXXU2ATE6
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-05-01
- Supported Country: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, etc
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy S20/S20+ using ODIN
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+ device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G981BXXU2ATE6 / G986BXXU2ATE6) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy S20/S20+ using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the May 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy S20/S20+ model with build number G981BXXU2ATE6 / G986BXXU2ATE6. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.