Updated on December 12, 2020: After T-Mobile, Today AT&T started rolling the stable Android 10 update to Galaxy S20 with the software version G981USQU1CTKH. The update brings all-new One UI 3.0 goodies and Android 11 features to the top.
Updated on December 09, 2020: Today Verizon also rolled the Android 10 update for the Galaxy S20 based on One UI 3.0. The update is labeled with the same build number G981USQU1CTKH.
Updated on December 05, 2020: T-Mobile started seeding the stable Android 11 (One UI 3.0) for the Galaxy S20 (SM-G981U) in the US with build number G981USQU1CTKH. Well, Samsung hasn’t officially announced any news on the Android 11 stable release yet, which makes us a surprise. However, you can grab this OTA update or you can manually install it by following our guide.
With this update, it brings the latest Android OS 11, with new features including Conversations, Bubbles, Categorized Notifications, and One UI 3.0. The update also includes November 2020 security patch rather than the December patch.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy S20:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy S20 as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number G981USQU1CTKH.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S20 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S20.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G981U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: T-Mobile / AT&T
- Build Number: G981USQU1CTKH
- Android OS Version: Android 11 R with One UI 3.0
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-11-01
How to Install One UI 3.0 (Android 11) on T-Mobile/AT&T Galaxy S20
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 (US Carrier model) device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G981USQU1CTKH) is only supported by T-Mobile/AT&T Galaxy S20.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the One UI 3.0 (G981USQU1CTKH) on Galaxy S20 (US Carrier model).