Updated on December 07, 2020: Today Samsung rolled the One UI 3.0 update to Galaxy S20 Plus user in Poland with the same version. Thanks to the Reddit user to report this.
After beta builds, Samsung finally rolled the One UI 3.0 based on Android 11 for the Galaxy S20 Plus in Europe. The update is labeled with software version G985FXXU5CTKG and brings all-new One UI 3.0 and Android 11 features along with December 2020 security patch update.
As we speak, the update is now live in European countries and will soon gonna roll out in other markets around the globe. If you haven’t received this update on your device yet, then you can manually download the build (G985FXXU5CTKG) and install it by following this guide.
Table of Contents
Check Software Updates
If in case, you’re not getting the official OTA update notification on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus device then you don’t have to worry about it. Just tap on the Settings menu > Software Update > If available for your region, tap on Download and Install.
Make sure to check for the mentioned build number (G985FXXU5CTKG) of the update as well. However, if you have some pending updates available, we’ll recommend you to complete installing all the available updates to get a new one in the future.
Just make sure to connected to a good mobile data or Wi-Fi network for a better downloading speed. Also, keep in mind to have a proper battery backup on your Galaxy S20 Plus (around 50%).
However, if in case, there is no update available on your device, we have an additional method that you can manually follow below. First of all, let’s check out the firmware update info before heading over to the manual firmware installation method.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus (SM-G985F)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G985FXXU5CTKG
- Android OS Version: Android 11 with One UI 3.0
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-12-01
How to Install One UI 3.0 (Android 11) on Galaxy S20 Plus
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (G985FXXU5CTKG) is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S20 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the One UI 3.0 (G985FXXU5CTKG) on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.