In this article, we have shared the February 2021 security patch update for Galaxy S20 Plus with build number G985FXXU6DUB5. The update is based on Android 11 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in all around the globe.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner and may soon available in other regions as well. If you have a Galaxy S20 Plus with variant SM-G985F, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to February 2021 with build number G985FXXU6DUB5.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy S20 Plus:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to G985FXXU6DUB5, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S20 Plus and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S20 Plus.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus (SM-G985F)
- Region: Global Release
- Build Number: G985FXXU6DUB5
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
How to Install February 2021 Patch on Galaxy S20 Plus
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G985FXXU6DUB5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S20 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial
So, make sure to download the February 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy S20 Plus model with build number G985FXXU6DUB5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.