Samsung started seeding the February 2021 security patch to the Galaxy S20 Plus 5G based on Android 11. The update comes with build number G986BXXU6DUB5 f0r the European region. If you already running the latest version of the Android 11 iteration, then you will see a new update of the February 2021 Security Patch which bumps the software version G986BXXU6DUB5.
As we speak, the update is now live for users in Germany, Hungary, Italy, and will soon start rolling in other regions. It is rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users running a stable version. If you have not received then you may have to wait for the auto notification update which will receive on your Galaxy S20 Plus 5G with build number G986BXXU6DUB5. You can always manually check for the OTA update by going into Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G (SM-G986B).
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on your Galaxy S20 Plus 5G?
To check whether you have received any OTA update with build number G986BXXU6DUB5, you can go into settings –> System > System Updates. If you have any update, then you will see a new screen with the software details. You can hit the download now button to confirm the update process.
Ensure that your phone should be charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
If there is no update, then you can manually download and install the Samsung firmware on your Galaxy S20 Plus 5G. Well, OTA rollout is a phase-wise manner, it may take a week or months to complete the update process. So patience is important.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G (SM-G986B)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G986BXXU6DUB5
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-02-01
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy S20 Plus 5G [Europe]
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G986BXXU6DUB5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy Note 10 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the February 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy S20 Plus 5G model with build number G986BXXU6DUB5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.