Today Verizon rolled a September 2020 Security patch to Galaxy S20 Plus 5G with version G986USQU1BTIG.The update based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except the security patch and improvements. It is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users with Verizon carriers.
If you have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G with variant SM-G986U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to September 2020 with build number G986USQU1BTIG.
Check Software Update on Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus 5G:
If you are using Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus 5G, then you may receive the September 2020 patch with firmware version G986USQU1BTIG. If you don’t then check for the OTA update manually by following the step: Settings app | About Phone | System Updates. In case you see any new update, click on the download button to start the upgrade process.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus 5G and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S20 Plus 5G using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G (SM-G986U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Build Number: G986USQU1BTIG
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-09-01
How to Install September 2020 Patch on Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus 5G
Flashing firmware on your Galaxy device is easy, all you need is a firmware, drivers, and a tool called ODIN. If you have all this, then you are good to follow this guide.
- This firmware (G986USQU1BTIG) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Install non-official firmware on your device at your own risk.[/note]
- G986USQU1BTIG | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/flash-firmware-samsung-odin-downloader/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#700aab” color=”#ffffff” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: book” icon_color=”#ffffff”]How to install stock firmware on Galaxy S20 Plus 5G using ODIN tool[/su_button]
So, make sure to download the September 2020 Security patch for your Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus 5G model with build number G986USQU1BTIG. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.
[su_box box_color=”” title=”Related Articles”]
- Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Supported device [One UI 2.0 device list]
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Samsung Galaxy Android 11 Supported Device Tracker: What’s new in One UI 3.0