In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra with build number G988USQU1BTH2. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the USA region.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy S20 Ultra with variant SM-G988U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number G988USQU1BTH2.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy S20 Ultra:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to G988USQU1BTH2, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S20 Ultra and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Build Number: G988USQU1BTH2
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
How to Install August 2020 Patch on Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G988USQU1BTH2) is only supported for Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy S20 Ultra using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra model with build number G988USQU1BTH2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.