Verizon started seeding the stable Android 11 (One UI 3.0) for the Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988U) in the US with build number G988USQU1ZTKH. Well, Samsung hasn’t officially announced any news on the Android 11 stable release yet, which makes us a surprise. However, you can grab this OTA update or you can manually install by following our guide.
With this update, it brings the latest Android OS 11, with new features including Conversations, Bubbles, Categorized Notifications, and One UI 3.0. The update also includes November 2020 security patch rather than the December patch.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy S20 Ultra:
You will get this software update on your Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number G988USQU1ZTKH.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S20 Ultra and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Build Number: G988USQU1ZTKH
- Android OS Version: Android 11 R with One UI 3.0
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-11-01
How to Install One UI 3.0 (Android 11) on Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G988USQU1ZTKH) is only supported by Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the One UI 3.0 (G988USQU1ZTKH) on Verizon Galaxy S20 Ultra.