Samsung in Canada has started pushing a new firmware update for the Galaxy S20 Ultra that comes with a build number of G988WVLU2DUDB along with the latest May 2021 Android Security Patch level. It’s live in Canada with supported carriers like Bell, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, Rogers, Sasktel, Telus, Fido Mobile, and more.
All the interested Canada Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra variant users can now easily download and install the latest May 2021 patchset by following the guide below. Meanwhile, users can also check for the OTA update notification. Coming to the security patch, it mostly fixes all the possible vulnerabilities that could harm your device data or system.
So, in order to check for OTA updates, you need to go to Settings > System > System updates on your phone. If the latest update is available, you should download and install it. Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and charge it fully. However, if in case you’re not getting the OTA update, just follow the below steps to manually flash the firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Model: SM-G973W
- Region: Canada
- Carriers: Bell, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, Rogers, Sasktel, Telus, Fido Mobile, and more
- Build Number: G988WVLU2DUDB
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-05-01
How to Flash Firmware on Canada Galaxy S20 Ultra using ODIN
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G988WVLU2DUDB) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in Canada region with SM-G973W.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- G988WVLU2DUDB | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
So, make sure to download the May 2021 Security patch for your Canada Galaxy S20 Ultra model with build number G988WVLU2DUDB. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.