Flickering screen problems have been experienced by Samsung users of different models. It could be as a result of so many reasons. Maybe there are pixels flickering all over the screen when you are touching the screen, the screen flickers on low display brightness, flickering black and the white line shows up at random on your Samsung screen or the Samsung device half screen blinks and turns white or black. Here we have mentioned the simple solutions to fix Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus Screen Flickering problems.
Table of Contents
Steps to Fix Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus Screen Flickering
When it comes to the flickering screen, many users assume that it is a hardware problem, but it has also been noticed that the screen can also flicker if there is a software issue which mostly occurs when your phone is trying to render a visual process with a higher resolution. There are a few tricks that can be used to fix your screen issues:
Check for Updates
Make sure all your apps and Android OS are up to date
- Open Google play store, navigate to my apps and check if there is an update available. If there is, update the apps.
- Go to settings, then about phone option and check for software update. Make sure you have installed the latest phone software.
If the Galaxy A8 or Galaxy A8 Plus screen flickering persists when all the apps and the Android OS are up to date on your device. Move on to the next solution.
Turn Off Hardware Overlays
This option is helpful with screens set in lower brightness. The screen glitch could occur when the Samsung Galaxy device cannot decide whether to use hardware or software for backlight settings. The screen glitch can be fixed in these steps:
- Go to settings, navigate to systems than about device
- Tap the build number for seven times until you see you are a developer now
- Go back to settings, move to systems and then developer options
- Scroll down to drawing section or rendering section and tap turn off hardware overlays or disable hardware overlays to tell the device to use GPU for screen adjustments.
RECOMMENDED READ: Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 plus Screen Freezing – Troubleshoot Guide
Boot Samsung Galaxy in Safe Mode
We would try to find out if some third party apps are causing the glitch. To do that, we need to boot the Galaxy A8 Plus screen flickering device in safe mode, under which all the third party apps are disabled.
- Power off the device
- Press and hold the power button until you see the Samsung logo
- Release the power button and hold down the volume down button until the phone boots up.
- You will see safe mode in the left corner of the screen.
Now that the device is in safe mode, you can check if the flickering appears or not. If it stops then the culprit is one of the third party apps installed.
- Reset the suspected apps
Go to settings, navigate to apps and choose the app, click on storage, clear cache and clear data.
- If the screen still flickers after resetting the suspected app, uninstall the apps.
Wipe The Cache Partition of Samsung Galaxy
Some users find the Samsung Galaxy A8 or Galaxy A8 Plus screen flickering gone after wiping the cache partition under Recovery Mode.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy device
- Press and hold the power + volume up + Bixby buttons until an Android logo appears.
- The recovery mode menu would appear afterward
- Press the volume up button to navigate and choose wipe cache partition and press the power button to confirm
- After the cached data is wiped, choose reboot system now.
If this method doesn’t rectify the screen glitch, then a hard reset of your device is in order.
I hope this guide will be helpful to fix Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus Screen Flickering.