Samsung started rolling a new update for Galaxy J2 PRO which upgrades the security patch level to May 2019. The update is labeled with build number J250MUBS5ASE1 / J250MUBS5ASE2 and rolling out for users over-the-air. The latest security maintenance release fixes several vulnerabilities in both Android OS and Samsung’s software OneUI.
With this update, Samsung improved the overall security features and improved the performance of the Galaxy J2 PRO. You can check for the software update manually from the Galaxy J2 PRO Settings > About Phone > Software update. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long, install the firmware update package from the Odin tool. The firmware with build number J250MUBS5ASE1 / J250MUBS5ASE2 is currently available for download from below.
How to Download Over-The-Air Update..?
The OTA (over the air) usually comes to your device automatically but there is no guarantee how long it would take you to receive the OTA individually. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks due to phase-wise roll out. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- In your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the J250MUBS5ASE1 / J250MUBS5ASE2 May 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download.
The software for May 2019 may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Galaxy J2 PRO must have at least 50% or more before installing the new May 2019 security update.
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the May security for Galaxy J2 PRO.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J2 PRO
- Model: SM-J250M
- Baseband Version: J250MUBS5ASE1 / J250MUBS5ASE2
- Security Patch Level: 2019-05-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 7.1.1 Nougat
How to Install May 2019 Patch on Galaxy J2 PRO.?
We have to follow the regular method and use the Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy J2 PRO. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the latest stock firmware on your phone. Do make sure to check the guidelines before you install the new update.
- This Android Pie firmware is exclusively for Galaxy J2 PRO. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the download link for the stock firmware for Galaxy J2 PRO which packs the May 2019 security patch.
Manual Installation Guide
Simply follow the link below to know how to flash the Samsung firmware to complete stock.
So, that’s it, guys. Grab the J250MUBS5ASE1 / J250MUBS5ASE2 update fortify your Galaxy J2 PRO from all security vulnerabilities. We hope his tutorial was useful. If you have got any doubts then do reach us through the comments section.