Samsung continues rolling its punctual software updates in 2019 as well. The January software update for various Samsung Galaxy devices is now rolling out. Today Samsung started seeding with the build number J510MNVJS2BSA1 for Galaxy J5 2016 users in Brazil. The update is rolling over-the-air update and based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
The security update for January 2019 tries to fix the security vulnerabilities at the kernel and system levels. Also, the current software update aims to resolve and improve the performance of the Galaxy J5 2016.
How to Check the January Patch on Galaxy J5 2016?
To check and download/install the January 2019 OTA update for Galaxy J5 2016 with build number J510MNVJS2BSA1 follow the steps below.
Go to Settings > System Update > Tap on Check for Latest Updates option. If you see the update, then hit the download button to initiate the OTA download. The OTA update weighs around 65 MB. You can download and install them manually. Follow the installation guide for your convenience.
J510MNVJS2BSA1: Firmware Details
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510MN)
- Model: SM-J510MN
- Region: Brazil
- Baseband Version: J510MNVJS2BSA1
- Security Patch Level: 01.01.2019
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 7.1.1 Nougat
Steps to Install January 2019 Patch on Galaxy J5 2016 [Brazil]
We will have to use the Odin tool to install the new firmware on the Galaxy J5 2016. So, we have listed up the latest ODIN software in the download section along with the firmware download link.
Required Files and Drivers:
Here is the download link for the firmware.
Before installing you have to follow some guidelines and get some tools with you. We have put up the same in the Pre-requisite section.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- This firmware is exclusively for Galaxy J5 2016 [Brazil]. Do not use it on other devices
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more.
- A PC or Laptop
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking/damage to your device while/after installing this firmware update. Follow the steps carefully.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the firmware flashing tutorial to guide you to install the latest J510MNVJS2BSA1 software to complete stock on Galaxy J5 2016 using the Odin Tool.Guide to install Stock firmware on any Samsung smartphone using Odin Video Guide to flash Stock Firmware on your device
So, make sure to get hold of this update and upgrade your Galaxy J5 2016 to January 2019 security patch of Android. We hope this guide will help you out.