Samsung is rolling out the latest January 2021 security patch for Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus. This new update brings security features to the Galaxy J6 Plus and is recommended for all users. This update is currently available over the air.
The latest January 2021 security patch for Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus is rolling out in Taiwan, Philippines, and will soon be made available in many regions. The update is available to users with the new build number J610GUBS5CUA3 which is based on Android 10.0.
Table of Contents
How To Capture OTA Update on Galaxy J6 Plus
Keeping your device updated with the latest security patches is important. This security patch will protect you al possible online fraud and protects your data during online transactions. The process is fairly automatic where users will get a notification for the OTA update. However, if you haven’t got the notification then do not worry. Since it’s an OTA update, it will take time to reach all the customers. Sometimes it may take up to two weeks to get the notification update.
If you want to get the latest security patch for your device then you can also do it manually. All you have to do is manually search for the software update.
To do that, go to your device Settings > System Update > Tap on Check for Latest Updates. If the new software update is available it will show up with the recent changelog and the build number J610GUBS5CUA3. Then just tap on Download to initiate the update process. Keep in mind to charge the battery of your device up to 50% to avoid power-related issues. After the installation, you will be prompted to restart your device. Doit and the device will boot up with the new patch of January 2021.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus (SM-J610G)
- Region: India
- Build Number: J610GUBS5CUA3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
How to Install Galaxy J6 Plus January 2021 Security Patch
If you still don’t get a notification for the January security update on your Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus, then you can manually install it on your device. This is a manual process of updating the device. You will download the firmware and use the Odin tool to install the stock firmware on the Galaxy J6 Plus.
- This firmware is exclusively for Galaxy J6 Plus. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more.
- A working PC or Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- J610GUBS5CUA3 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy J6 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest January 2021 security patch on your Galaxy J6 Plus device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.