January 2019 security update brings the latest Android security patches for your smartphone. Samsung is currently rolling out the latest January 2019 Security patch for Galaxy J6 Plus with build no. J610GUBU1ASA5. if you’re also looking to download this update, we will help you to download and install the latest January 2019 security update for Galaxy J6 Plus.
Updating your android device is very important as it brings up all the necessary security updates in your smartphone. These updates help to keep your smartphone fast, organized and threat free. Samsung is known for updating their devices with the latest security updates for their devices and Galaxy J6 Plus is no exception. Today Samsung started seeding the January 2019 update with the build number J610GUBU1ASA5 for Galaxy J6 Plus users in New Zealand. The update is rolling over-the-air update and based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- 1 Download Galaxy J6 Plus January 2019 Security Update
- 2 J610GUBU1ASA5: Install January 2019 Security Update via OTA
- 3 Manually Installing Update on Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus
- 4 Steps to Install J610GUBU1ASA5: January 2019 Security Patch
Download Galaxy J6 Plus January 2019 Security Update
As we told you earlier that all deice need security updates from time to time. It’s great that Samsung is still giving an update for their mid-range smartphone like the Galaxy J6 Plus. As per the requirements, you should be getting an update notification on your device. If it’s not there, no problem we will help you to update manually. since this update is rolling out via OTA, not all users will get this at the same time.
J610GUBU1ASA5: Firmware Details
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus
- Model: SM-J610G
- Baseband Version: J610GUBU1ASA5
- Region: New Zealand
- Security Patch Level: 01 January 2019
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
J610GUBU1ASA5: Install January 2019 Security Update via OTA
Like any OTA update, you will be able to see an update notification in your device with a build no. – J610GUBU1ASA5. Since this update is meant for large no. of the audience so everyone is not going to get this update at the same time. However, you can have the upper hand here and search for the OTA manually. You can check for the update as follows:
- Open the settings app on your device.
- Navigate to Settings > System updates
- Tap on Check for updates.
- If you see the prompt shows up to download J610GUBU1ASA5 update, then tap on Download
Manually Installing Update on Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus
This is a manual process of updating the device. You will download the firmware and use the Odin tool to install the stock firmware on the Galaxy J6 Plus. Below you can find the firmware download link as well as other required drivers. We have also mentioned the guide which will help you flash the firmware on your Galaxy J6 Plus.
Download Required Files
These are the files which you will be needing to install the February Security Update on Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus.
Steps to Install J610GUBU1ASA5: January 2019 Security Patch
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- This guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Charge the device battery up to 50%
- Don’t forget to take a complete backup of your phone
- Install the Latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
Instructions to Install January 2019 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus
After downloading the update, you need to use ODIN Tool to flash it on your device. If you are doing it for the first time then don’t worry. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the OTA update on Galaxy J6 Plus.
So, that’s it, guys. Security updates are always the most important aspect of using smartphones. I hope this guide was useful to upgrade January 2019 security update for your Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus. If you’ve got any queries do let us know in the comments section below.