On this page, we will share the July 2021 security patch for the US carrier Galaxy Note 9 variant with build number N960USQS9FUF1. The update is now live for all US carriers; Sprint and T-Mobile.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Note 9:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy Note 9 as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number N960USQS9FUF1.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Note 9 and are connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 9.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Sprint and T-Mobile
- Build Number: N960USQS9FUF1
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-07-01
How to Install July 2021 Patch on Samsung Galaxy Note 9
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Sprint and T-Mobile) device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (N960USQS9FUF1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- N960USQS9FUF1 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the July 2021 security patch (N960USQS9FUF1) on Sprint and T-Mobile Galaxy Note 9.