Samsung in USA started rolling a new update for US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9 which upgrades the security patch level to May 2019. The update is labeled with build number N960U1UEU1CSE3 and rolling out for users in USA over-the-air. The latest security maintenance release fixes several vulnerabilities in both Android OS and Samsung’s software OneUI.
With this update, Samsung improved the overall security features and improved the performance of the Galaxy Note 9 US Unlocked variants which includes Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Cellular South, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and more. You can check for the software update manually from the Galaxy Note 9 Settings > About Phone > Software update. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long, install the firmware update package from the Odin tool. The firmware with build number N960U1UEU1CSE3 is currently available for download from below.
Table of Contents
How to Download Over-The-Air Update..?
The OTA (over the air) usually comes to your device automatically but there is no guarantee how long it would take you to receive the OTA individually. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks due to phase-wise roll out. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- In your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the N960U1UEU1CSE3 May 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download.
The software for May 2019 may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Galaxy Note 9 must have at least 50% or more before installing the new May 2019 security update.
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the May security for US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Model: SM-N960U1
- Region: USA
- Variant: Unlocked
- Carrier Support: Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Cellular South, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and more
- Baseband Version: N960U1UEU1CSE3
- Security Patch Level: 2019-05-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install May 2019 Patch on US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9.?
We have to follow the regular method and use the Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy Note 9. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the latest stock firmware on your phone. Do make sure to check the guidelines before you install the new update.
- This Android Pie firmware is exclusively for Galaxy Note 9. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the download link for the US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9 stock firmware which packs the May 2019 security patch.
Manual Installation Guide
Simply follow the link below to know how to flash the Samsung firmware to complete stock.
So, that’s it, guys. Grab the N960U1UEU1CSE3 update fortify your US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9 from all security vulnerabilities. We hope his tutorial was useful. If you have got any doubts then do reach us through the comments section.