On this page, we will share the July 2021 security patch for the Galaxy Note 9 with build number N960FXXS8FUF5. The update is based on Android 10.0 and brings nothing new except a security patch.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Note 9:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy Note 9 as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number N960FXXS8FUF5.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Note 9 and are connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 9.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: N960FXXS8FUF5
- Android OS Version: Android 10.0
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-07-01
How to Install July 2021 Patch on Galaxy Note 9
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (N960FXXS8FUF5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- N960FXXS8FUF5 | Download Flash File | All Samsung Firmware Sites | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the July 2021 security patch (N960FXXS8FUF5) on Galaxy Note 9.