Samsung rolled July 2020 security patch to Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus with build number G973FXXS7CTG1 / G975FXXS7CTG1 based on Android 10. The update brings no major changes except the security fix and bug fixes. It has started rolling in Europe, Middle East and Asian regions at the time of writing this. If you are using Galaxy S10 or S10 Plus with model SM-G973F and SM-G975F, then you can download and install this update manually.
You can always check for the OTA update manually on your Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus handset via the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates > Check for updates. If there is a new firmware update available, just make sure to grab it by downloading and installing the firmware update. For a successful and faster update process, you should connect your Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus to a Wi-Fi network and maintain at least 50% of charge.
Table of Contents
Firmware Info: G973FXXS7CTG1 / G975FXXS7CTG1
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus
- Model Number: SM-G973F and SM-G975F
- Region: Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Software Version: G973FXXS7CTG1 / G975FXXS7CTG1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
Instructions to Install Firmware on Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- Supported Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus
- You need at least a 50% charge on your phone.
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the July 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus model with build number G973FXXS7CTG1 / G975FXXS7CTG1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.