Samsung started to deliver the October 2021 security patch to their device around the globe. Well, Today Galaxy S20 Plus started to receive a new build with version G985FXXUBDUI5 which upgrades the device security patch level to October 2021.
This update is based on Android 11.0 and brings no major changes except the security patch and improvements. As we speak, the update is currently live globally. It is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner and may soon be available in other regions as well. If you have a Galaxy S20 Plus with variant SM-G985F, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to October 2021 with build number G985FXXUBDUI5.
Check Software Update on Galaxy S20 Plus:
If you are using Galaxy S20 Plus, then you may receive the October 2021 patch with firmware version G985FXXUBDUI5. If you don’t then check for the OTA update manually by following the step: Settings app | About Phone | System Updates. In case you see any new update, click on the download button to start the upgrade process.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S20 Plus and are connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S20 Plus using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus (SM-G985F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G985FXXUBDUI5
- Android OS Version: Android 11.0
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-10-01
How to Install October 2021 Patch on Galaxy S20 Plus
Flashing firmware on your Galaxy device is easy, all you need is firmware, drivers, and a tool called ODIN. If you have all this, then you are good to follow this guide.
- This firmware (G985FXXUBDUI5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- G985FXXUBDUI5 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S20 Plus stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the October 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy S20 Plus model with build number G985FXXUBDUI5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.