Samsung; the Korean giant has almost devices in every budget segment. Finally, back on February 11, Samsung unveiled its new Samsung Galaxy S20 series along with the Galaxy Z Flip smartphone. This Galaxy S20 series includes the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. Except for the Galaxy S20 Ultra both the other models are available in 4G and 5G variants. Today let us look into the detailed specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. It has and a screen refresh rate of 120Hz at FHD+ and QHD at a 60 Hz refresh rate. Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Software Update Tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Specifications
- Check OTA Update
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Software Update Tracker
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Update [Global / Europe / Asia and More]
- US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Update:
- How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Manually
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Android 11 Timeline Tracker
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G sports a 6.9 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2x display with an FHD+ resolution i.e. with 1440 x 3200 pixels. It has a screen to body ratio of 89.9 percent, an aspect ratio of 20:9, a pixel density of 511 Pixel Per Inch (PPI) and HDR10+ display. The display has also an ultra-sonic in-display fingerprint scanner which also gets protects by this Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
Underneath the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC in some markets and this SoC is built on the 7nm process. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650 which clocks at 587 MHz.While in other markets, it comes with the in-house Exynos 990 SoC and GPU side, this has the Mali-G77 MP11 GPU. The device is available in 12GB and 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB, 256GB and 512GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage variant. This is further expandable via a micro SD card up to 1TB. The device has a hybrid type SIM card slot where you can insert two Nano type SIM cards or a Nano type SIM and a micro SD card slot.
Coming to the optics, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G has a quad rear camera setup which gets arranges in vertical setup to the left of the device. This rear camera setup includes a 108MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture value, Dual Pixel PDAF, and also Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). This sensor gets assisted by a secondary periscope 48MP telephoto sensor with f/3.5 aperture value, PDAF, Optical Image stabilization (OIS), 10x hybrid optical zoom. Finally, it has a 12MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture value and autofocus and Super steady video. This rear camera also supports for the LED flash, auto-HDR, and panorama. To the front, the device has a 40MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G packs a massive 5,000 mAh battery which charges over a USB type C port. This battery also supports for 45W fast charging tech. The device runs on One Ui 2.0 which is based on the latest Android 10. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC, FM radio (USA & Canada only), and USB 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go.
Other sensors other than the under-display ultrasonic fingerprint scanner in this smartphone include accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass. Barometer, ANT+, Bixby natural language commands and dictation, and Samsung DeX (desktop experience support).
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Software Update Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page.
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Update [Global / Europe / Asia and More]
- G988USQU1BTH2: August 2020 Patch – Verizon
- G988BXXU4BTH5: OneUI 2.5 – Europe
- G988USQU1BTHD: August 2020 Patch – T-Mobile
- G988BXXU3ATG4: July 2020 Patch – South America
- G988USQU1ATGL: August 2020 Patch – T-Mobile
- G988BXXS4ATGB: August Security Patch – Europe
- G988BXXS2ATE7: June 2020 Security Patch – Europe
- G988WVLS1ATD3: May 2020 Security Patch – Canada
- G9880ZHU1ATE6: May 2020 Security Patch – Taiwan/HK
- G988BXXU2ATE6: May 2020 Security Patch – Asia
- G988BXXU2ATDD: May 2020 Patch – Europe
- G988BXXS2ATD5: May 2020 Patch – Europe
- G988BXXU1ATD3: Fix Green Tint
- G988USQU1ATD6: April 2020 Patch – Sprint
- G988USQU1ATCT: April 2020 Patch – Verizon
- G988BXXU1ATCT: April 2020 Security Patch – Middle East, Africa and Asia
- G988USQU1ATCU: April 2020 Patch – Sprint
- G988USQU1ATCM: March 2020 Patch – T Mobile
- G988USQU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch Sprint/Verizon – USA
- G988BXXU1ATCH: March 2020 Security Patch – South Asia, Middle East, and African
- G988BXXU1ATC1: March 2020 Security Patch – India
- G988BXXU1ATBM: March 2020 Security Patch – South America
- G988USQU1ATBN: First Software Update – Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile [USA]
US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Update:
- G988U1UEU1BTH3: August 2020 Patch
- G988U1UEU1ATF1– June 2020 Security Patch
- G988U1UES1ATE4: June 2020 Security Patch
- G988U1UEU1ATCT: April 2020 Patch
- G988U1UEU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch – USA
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Android 11 Timeline Tracker
No Update on the Android 11 version
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.