MIUI 9 was released soon with numbers of features and improvements with extra three MIUI themes included in MIUI 9 to make the device looks more premium. The only problem with it is these devices are only available for MIUI 9 only and the Xiaomi haven’t released any update notification for the devices running on MIUI8 or more previous versions, but still the stable release of MIUI8 is some more weeks far and if you aren’t capable of waiting this much longer and want to have the themes as soon as possible, get MIUI 9 themes on your MIUI 8 devices then follow the given method.
How to Get MIUI 9 themes on your MIUI 8 devices
- Download the file from the link above and extract it using any extractor tool like WinRAR or 7zip of your choice.
- Download and install the “MIUI Theme Editor” app from the internet. After downloading open the app.
- Tap on “Browse” button and select the folder which you have obtained in the step-1 from the file manager inside the app.
- Now after selection, it’s time to select the theme of your choice from the list of the downloaded themes. You can also have slight modifications if you want on your desired themes.
- After successful selection of the desired theme, you will redirect to MIUI theme editor’s main screen. Tap on “Start” to continue. There you will have multiple options for modification of status bar, App icon etc. after desired customization click “Next”.
- You are now on export theme page of the MIUI Theme editor, edit the theme name according to your wish or let it be the same as default after that tap on “Finish” button to save the theme.
- Tap on “OK” on the confirmation message regarding the installation of the theme.
- Now, open the themes app on your device. And select the “Downloaded” and browse the desired theme from the installed pane and click on “Apply” after the detailed page opens, voila!! It’s done.
This was the detailed steps to Get MIUI 9 Themes on Your MIUI 8 Device.