OnePlus 5 is a popular device that gained a lot of attention of smartphone lovers just after its release. It was actually a much-appreciated phone that is still widely demanded. The reason is some excellent features such as bigger RAM and excellent performance. Although most people appreciated this device as one of the best one, there are few who experienced some issues. Just like all previous OnePlus devices, OnePlus 5 also experienced a similar problem.
The fact is it uses an OxygenOS custom Android OS. Of course, it’s not a bad OS but the fact is it lacks some important features and the biggest one is no support for proprietary Google apps. A lot of smartphone lovers often call it a major problem with OnePlus 5. However, the fact is, it’s possible to avoid it. Yes, you read the right and this can be done very simply. In this post, we are going to guide you on how to install Google Contacts and Dialer on OnePlus 5.
The fact is Google Contacts and Dialer apps from Google are quite better than OxygenOS alternatives in several aspects. Although both are present in OxygenOS, they are not as good as provided by Google. One common example is with Google contacts it is possible for you to simply add or manage contacts from multiple Google accounts. In addition to this, you can make sure of backup of all the contacts on the cloud. It is also possible for you to answer your calls or even reject them through the notification bar. This clearly indicates that Google apps are quite better. In case you are not able to access them on your OnePlus 5, below are some important instructions to help you install Google Dialer and Contacts on your device.
Note- Before you proceed with anything, there are a few things you need to perform. The very first thing is to install the Magisk Module on your OnePlus 5 in case it’s not installed. As the Magisk Module can be flashed only through Custom Recovery, it’s necessary to have an unlocked bootloader, as well as a Custom ROM such as TWRP on your device. In case you don’t want to install Magisk Module on your device, you have the option to flash the Google Contacts and Dialer apps directly from TWRP. Below are the links for downloading Magisk Module and TWRP Flashable ZIP.
Want More OnePlus 5 Tips and Tricks like this? Then Click the link below to find more mods and customization on Android Phone.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/oneplus-5-tips-tricks/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Find More OnePlus 5 Tricks Here[/su_button]
- You need Unlocked Bootloader on your device.
- You need TWRP Recovery. Guide to Flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5.
- Follow this guide to install Magisk Manager and Framework.
- For Magisk Module- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195917884
- For TWRP Flashable ZIP- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195918352
Instructions to install Google Contacts and Dialer on OnePlus 5
After downloading the above-mentioned files, you can proceed with the following
- In case you have Magisk Module installed on your device, you can proceed to download the MOD for Google Dialer and Contacts and install the same from the app that manages Magisk. In case you don’t have the Magisk Module on your OnePlus 5, you first need to unlock the bootloader and have to install the TWRP on your device.
- After having the TWRP on your device, you need to boot it in the TWRP recovery mode. For this, simply turn off your device and hold volume down and power button together for a while.
- Install the TWRP once you are in the recovery mode of OnePlus 5.
- After this, simply look for the TWRP flashable zip file and select it.
- You need to install the same and it can be done by swiping the button you see. Simply wipe Cache and Dalvik after installation is over.
- You need to reboot your device after this post which you can enjoy Google Contacts and Dialer on your phone.
- It is also possible for you to disable the Contacts and Dialer from the app settings.