Google Nexus 5X (bullhead) launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place. Now you can download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for Nexus 5X.
Talking about the specifications, Nexus 5X features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory. The camera on the Nexus 5X comes with 12.3MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 2700 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
When will Xiaomi release Android 9.0 Pie update for Nexus 5X?
Nexus 5X (codename: bullhead) came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgraded to Android Oreo. The company has planned to upgrade the Nexus 5X to Android Pie. You can check out the List of Android 9 Pie Xiaomi Supported Devices.
If you are not patient and want to install the Android 9.0 Pie, then try this Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on Nexus 5X.
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features, and Downloads
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Nexus 5X (bullhead)?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5X (bullhead).
- Supported on Nexus 5X
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- First of all, unlock the bootloader on your Nexus 5X.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Nexus 5X.
- Download Android 9.0 Pie:
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps Package
Instructions to Install on Nexus 5X:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Nexus 5X.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Nexus 5X:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for Nexus 5X.