In this guide, we will show you how to install the Google Pixel Extended ROM based on Android 11 onto your Redmi K20 Pro device. This offering from Xiaomi manages to tick mark most of the boxes on the specs sheet. With the powerful Snapdragon 855+ chipset, 6GB RAM, and a triple rear camera setup, it is perfectly suited for everyday use. Furthermore, it comes with MIUI as the underlying OS. This is among the most customizable Android skin that comes baked in with a plethora of features.
So while the users might be satisfied with the device’s hardware and its pricing strategy, they might have a few complaints on the software side. Furthermore, users might have to wait a little while before they could get hold of the latest Android 11 update for their device. In both these cases, there’s a handy way out. You could now install Google Pixel Extended ROM based on Android 11 onto your Redmi K20 Pro device right away. Follow along for the instructions.
What is Google Pixel Extended ROM
As is evident from its name, the ROM is based on the notion of providing a clean stock Android experience. It would somewhat along the lines of what the Pixel series has to offer. So without being bloated with unnecessary features, you would be getting among the most stable and secure ROM for your device. Then the fact that it is based on the latest iteration of Android, and there is plenty of goodies in store for you.
To begin with, there is a new Conversations section in the notification panel. Likewise, you would also see the new Chat bubbles and a native screen recorder. The power menu has undergone a major revamp with the incorporation of Smart device controls. Then there’s a new One-time permission set and the dark mode scheduling option. And you could now welcome all these features onto your device right away. Given here are the steps to install Google Pixel Extended ROM based on Android 11 onto your Redmi K20 Pro device.
How to Install Google Pixel Extended Android 11 ROM on Redmi K20 Pro
before we list out the instructions, there are a few requirements that you need to qualify. Apart from that, we will also make you aware of all the working features as well as the bugs present in this ROM. Follow along.
- First and foremost, create a backup of your entire device. This is because the flashing process will wipe off all the data from your device.
- Next up, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Likewise, also enable USB Debugging on your device. Head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- You will also need to unlock the bootloader on your device. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our detailed guide on How To Unlock Bootloader On K20 Pro [Official Method]
- Furthermore, for flashing the custom ROM, your device should have TWRP installed. If you haven’t done so, then this guide should help you out: How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro. This guide also has the instructions to root your device. You may skip it as it is an optional step.
Working Features of Google Pixel Extended
Here are all the working features for the Google Pixel Extended ROM based on Android 11 for Redmi K20 Pro.
- Mobile data
- FM radio
- Fingerprint reader
- Face unlock
Some of the known issues that you are likely to encounter
- SELinux Permissive
- You may now download the Google Pixel Extended ROM based on Android 11 for your Redmi K20 Pro device. Credit for this ROM goes to XDA member gh1acc10
- Android OS version: 11
- Download ROM: Pixel Extended for K20 (Raphael)
- Get hold of the latest firmware for your device: Vendor Firmware for K20 (Raphael).
- Likewise, to decrypt your device, download the Encryption Disabler file: Disable Force Encryption ZIP
- You don’t need to flash GApps as they are already included in the ROM.
Install Google Pixel Extended on Redmi K20 Pro
- To begin with, transfer the ROM, the latest vendor firmware as well as the Encryption Disabler ZIP file to your device. Then connect it to PC via USB cable with Debugging enabled.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery
adb reboot recovery
- Once within TWRP, go to Wipe and tap on Advanced Wipe.
- Then select the cache, Dalvik, system, data partitions, and perform a right swipe to wipe them.
- Now go to Install and flash the latest vendor firmware file.
- Once that is done, go to Install, select the Disable Force Encryption ZIP file and then flash it.
- After this go back to Install, and this time select the Pixel Extended ROM and perform a right swipe to install it.
- Finally, you may now reboot your device to the OS. So go to Reboot and tap on System.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the Google Pixel Extended ROM based on Android 11 onto your Redmi K20 Pro device. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up some time, it is completely normal. Along the same lines, you will have to set up your device from scratch as a complete wipe has taken place. Apart from that, if you have any other queries, do let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.