Essential Phone PH-1 (Codename: mata) smartphone was launched in May 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo. We have a very good news! Now you have the Ground Zero GZOSP 8.1 Oreo For Essential PH-1 (mata).
Well, the team behind the popular custom ROM called Tesla, Tipsy and Validus have finally started a new project known as GZOSP. It is also known as Ground Zero Open Source Project. This is not any Custom ROM, Ground Zero Android Oreo repository helps you to build custom ROMs without having to start from scratch (meaning straight from AOSP).
Now you can download and Install the latest GZOSP Oreo for Essential PH-1. The ROM is built by Chinese developer 谈色变虎 who built this ROM using Ground Zero Android Oreo repository. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind GZOSP to making this possible.
The smartphone features a 5.71-inch display. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor clubbed with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory. Essential PH-1 sports Dual 13MP rear camera and 8MP front camera. The handset runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and later upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Download and Install Ground Zero GZOSP 8.1 Oreo For Essential PH-1 (mata)
Google released the latest Android 8.1 Oreo for Pixel and Nexus supported device. If you still wondering whether your device will receive official Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of an official and unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo developed by LineageOS team. In this post, we will guide to install GZOSP 8.1 Oreo For Essential PH-1 (mata). This update is under development. Currently, we haven’t tested this ROM yet. As per the record, Developer claims that the most of the bugs are fixed and you can use it as a daily driver.
Check the full differences between Stock and Custom ROM here.
Recently released Android is known as Android Oreo. This is a successor of Android Nougat and comes with many new features such as Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc. So today we will guide to install the Ground Zero GZOSP 8.1 Oreo for Essential PH-1 (mata). GZOSP 8.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Find the list of all GZOSP 8.1 Oreo Supported device.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Check out the Top 10 features of Android Oreo
- This will work on Essential PH-1 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Essential USB Drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Essential Phone PH-1
- List of Best Custom ROM for Essential Phone PH-1 – Updated
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Essential Phone PH-1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Essential Phone PH-1
Steps to Install Ground Zero GZOSP 8.1 Oreo For Essential PH-1 (mata)
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Essential PH-1
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below GZOSP 8.1 Oreo ROM onto your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Ground Zero GZOSP 8.1 Oreo (Official)
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Ground Zero GZOSP 8.1 Oreo For Essential PH-1. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Credit goes to: Ground Zero Rom’s