Now you can download and install the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on Lenovo Z2 Plus. Well, the team behind the popular custom ROM called Tesla, Tipsy and Validus have finally started a new project known as GZOSP. GZOSP stands for Ground Zero Open Source Project. This is not any Custom ROM, Ground Zero Android Oreo repository helps you to build custom ROMs without having to start from scratch (meaning straight from AOSP). Today we have the first GZOSP 8.0 Oreo For Lenovo Z2 Plus.
Now you can download and Install the latest GZOSP Oreo for Lenovo Z2 Plus. The ROM is built by Chinese developer 谈色变虎 who built this ROM using Ground Zero Android Oreo repository. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind GZOSP to making this possible.
Google released the latest Android 8.0 Oreo for Pixel and Nexus supported device. If you still wondering whether your device will receive official Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of an official and unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo developed by LineageOS team. In this post, we will guide to install GZOSP 8.0 Oreo For Lenovo Z2 Plus (z2_plus). This update is under development. Currently, we haven’t tested this ROM yet. As per the record, Developer claims that the most of the bugs are fixed and you can use it as a daily driver.
Check the full differences between Stock and Custom ROM here.
Recently released Android is known as Android 8.0 Oreo. This is a successor of Android Nougat and comes with many new features such as Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc. So today we will guide to install the Ground Zero GZOSP 8.0 Oreo for Lenovo Z2 Plus (z2_plus). GZOSP 8.0 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Find the list of all GZOSP 8.0 Oreo Supported device.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
- This will work on Lenovo Z2 Plus (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Download install Build ZUI 2.5.087 Nougat Firmware on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus
- How To Install Resurrection Remix OS For Lenovo Vibe B (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- How to Install Official Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Lenovo Z2 Plus (AICP)
Bugs Found Now: Camera
Steps to Install Ground Zero GZOSP 8.0 Oreo For Lenovo Z2 Plus (z2_plus)
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z2 Plus
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below GZOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM onto your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Ground Zero GZOSP 8.0 Oreo For Lenovo Z2 Plus. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.