LG G5 is the first modular smartphone that can be converted into a digital camera or Hi-Fi player with its friends like the slide out the battery, 360 CAM & 360 VR. It came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Today LG started rolling the latest security patch for LG G5 handset. The update brings the November 2017 Security patch and it is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The Software version bumps to H85020s (v20S) and brings nothing major changes to the software.
The update is rolling via over the air (OTA) to users running Stock firmware without root or mods. The rollout is in a staged manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every LG G5 users. The update brings nothing major except the security patch, bug fixes, and other improvements. Now upgrade to a more secure version of software on LG G5 to free from Malware and virus.
Table of Contents
How to Update LG G5 to H85020s – V20s
If you have the OTA update on your phone, then we do recommend you to install the November 2017 security patch update to keep your phone safe from vulnerabilities. Well if you have no update, then please check the OTA update manually by following the guide.
How to check OTA update on LG G5:
- Open Settings on LG G5.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
If you have the update notification on your LG G5 phone, then hit the DOWNLOAD button to start upgrading your phone to latest software version H85020s.
Before proceeding, please make sure your phone has enough charge of at least 50%, take a full backup before upgrading or downgrading your phone. To download the OTA file, you should be on a stable WiFi connection to enjoy uninterrupted software download.
Once if you have all this, you can proceed with upgrading LG G5 to H85020s.
If you not received any OTA download, then don’t panic! Here we have shared the full ROM download link to download and install the firmware H85020s.
Required Firmware Link
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]
Note: If you see any blank screen from the above download link, you have to download and install the XDM download manager first, Once you installed the XDM download manager you can simply copy the above kdz firmware URL and start a new download job in XDM download manager.
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on LG G5.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
LG announced the list of LG devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G5 by following the steps given here.
Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices