LG started rolling the December Security Patch for LG G5 smartphone. The update bumps the software version to H85020t from H85020S and brings nothing major changes to the software except December 2017 Security Patch.
The update is rolling via over the air (OTA) to users running Stock firmware without root or mods. The rollout is in a staged manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every LG G5 users. Along with December Patch, the update also fixed the regular bug fixes and improved the stability and performance. Now upgrade to a more secure version of software on LG G5 to free from Malware and virus.
How to Update LG G5 to H85020t – V20s
If you have the OTA update on your phone, then we do recommend you to install the November 2017 security patch update to keep your phone safe from vulnerabilities. Well if you have no update, then please check the OTA update manually by following the guide.
How to check OTA update on LG G5:
- Open Settings on LG G5.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
After you follow the above instructions, if you received the OTA notification on your LG G5 phone, then hit the DOWNLOAD button to start upgrading your phone to latest security patch.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on LG G5 LG-H850. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading December Security Patch for LG G5. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Once if you have all this, you can proceed with upgrading LG G5 to H85020t.
If you not received any OTA download, then don’t panic! Here we have shared the full ROM download link to download and install the firmware H85020t.
Required Firmware Link
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on LG G5.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
LG announced the list of LG devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G5 by following the steps given here.
Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices