Asus ZenFone 3 (codename: zenfone3) launched in May 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 3. The ROM is developed by XDA Senior member vegeto1806. Full Credits to him and the team behind Havoc OS.
Talking about the specifications, Asus ZenFone 3 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Asus ZenFone 3 comes with 16MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
To install Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 3, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let's understand the features of Havoc OS.
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a couple of taste from the Android P with the Quick Toggles style, Android P Volume slider style, Settings UI and more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 3:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL/ZE552KL)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Asus USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Havoc OS zip file: Download
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Asus ZenFone 3.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 3.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Asus ZenFone 3.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL/ZE552KL).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That's it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.