Asus ZenFone 5 (X00QD) launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 5. The ROM is developed by EdwardWu6688. Full Credits to him and the team behind Havoc OS.
To install Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 5, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 5:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Asus ZenFone 5
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Asus USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Asus ZenFone 5.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 5.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Asus ZenFone 5.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Asus ZenFone 5.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q for Asus Zenfone 5
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Asus Zenfone 5 2018 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus ZenFone 5 [Updated]
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 5
- Common Asus Zenfone 5 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More