BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike was launched in 2016. The handset came with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on BQ S-5020 Strike. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind Havoc OS.
To install Havoc OS on BQ S-5020 Strike, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should have either TWRP Recovery or you can install via ADB Sideload method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS GSI on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Talking about the specifications, BQ Mobile BQS-5020 Strike features a 5-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by MediaTek MT6580 Processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 64GB via microSD card. The camera on the BQ Mobile BQS-5020 Strike comes with 13MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 2,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
|Try Any Gapps Below: [Mind The Gapps recommended]|
Steps to Install Havoc OS on BQ S-5020 Strike
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: BQ S-5020 Strike
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download the latest BQ USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on BQ S-5020 Strike
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You should unlock the bootloader on BQ S-5020 Strike.
- Download and Install BQ S-5020 Strike TWRP Recovery.
- Download ADB and Fastboot driver Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required for 2nd method
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your BQ S-5020 Strike Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Havoc OS on BQ S-5020 Strike.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Havoc OS on BQ S-5020 Strike based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Havoc OS Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
- How to Install Stock ROM on BQ S-5020 Strike [Firmware Flash File/Unbrick]
- Download and Install crDroid OS on BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike (Android 10 Q)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On BQ S-5020 Strike
- Download AOSPExtended for BQ Mobile BQ S-5020 Strike based on Android 9.0 Pie