Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 smartphone was launched in June 2017. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Galaxy J5 2017. This custom ROM is based on the Android 10 GSI build. Full Credits to Recognized Developer skulshady behind AOSP GSI and also Havoc developers.
If you are wondering what is GSI? well, GSI stands for Generic system image. It is a file-system image that you flash to your device’s system partition. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support.
To install Havoc OS on Galaxy J5 2017, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 sports a 5.2 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm). The device packs 16/32GB internal storage and 2/3GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 13 MP with an aperture f/1.7 and a 13 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 runs Android 7.0 Nougat, upgradable to Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. The handset has a front-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Download Required Files
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on Galaxy J5 2017.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J5 2017. [How to Install]
- Havoc OS zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Galaxy J5 2017:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Galaxy J5 2017
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the required TWRP file, Havoc OS file, and Supported GApps file from below.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Galaxy J5 2017 Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Havoc OS on Galaxy J5 2017.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Havoc OS on Galaxy J5 2017 based on Project Treble GSI images.
- How to Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Galaxy J5 2017
- List Of Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 Stock Firmware Collections
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 [Updated]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J5 2017
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 (Android 9.0 Pie)