Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt (J701F) launched in July 2017. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Galaxy J7 Nxt.
To install Havoc OS on Galaxy J7 Nxt, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt/Core features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 and Exynos 7580 Octa coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt/Core comes with 13MP rear Camera with autofocus and LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera with LED flash.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Galaxy J7 Nxt:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Galaxy J7 Nxt (J701F)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy J7 Nxt.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 Nxt.
- You should be running the latest firmware on Galaxy J7 Nxt
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Galaxy J7 Nxt.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Galaxy J7 Nxt (J701F).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt/Core Stock Firmware Collections
- Download One UI Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy J7 Nxt/Core
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt and Root
- Download and Install crDroid OS on Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt (Android 10 Q)