Google Pixel 2 (walleye) launched in October 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Google Pixel 2.
To install Havoc OS on Google Pixel 2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Google Pixel 2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Google Pixel 2 (walleye)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Google USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Google Pixel 2.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 2.
- You should be running the latest firmware on Google Pixel 2
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Google Pixel 2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Google Pixel 2 (walleye).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- List Of Best Custom ROM For Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL [Updated]
- Google Pixel 2 Stock Firmware Collections (Back To Stock ROM/ Restore)
- How to Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Google Pixel 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel 2