Huawei Honor 9 Lite smartphone was launched in December 2017 which came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Honor 9 Lite. This custom ROM is based on the Android 10 GSI build. Full Credits to Recognized Developer skulshady behind AOSP GSI and also Havoc developers.
If you are wondering what is GSI? well, GSI stands for Generic system image. It is a file-system image that you flash to your device’s system partition. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support.
To install Havoc OS on Honor 9 Lite, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Huawei Honor 9 Lite features a 5.65 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Honor 9 Lite comes with dual 13 MP + 2 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 13 MP + 2MP front shooting camera.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Download Required Files
- Download the latest Huawei USB Drivers
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on Honor 9 Lite.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 9 Lite. [How to Install]
- Havoc OS zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Honor 9 Lite:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Honor 9 Lite
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the required TWRP file, Havoc OS file, and Supported GApps file from below.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Honor 9 Lite Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Havoc OS on Honor 9 Lite.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Havoc OS on Honor 9 Lite based on Project Treble GSI images.
- Huawei Honor 9 Lite Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM/Unbrick]
- Common Huawei Honor 9 Lite Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 9 Lite (Rooting Included)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Honor 9 Lite [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Honor 9 Lite