Motorola Moto G6 Plus (evert) launched in April 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Moto G6 Plus. To install Havoc OS on Moto G6 Plus, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Let us talk about the device. Moto G6 Plus features a 5.9-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Moto G6 Plus comes with Dual 12 MP (f/1.7) + 5 MP (f/2.2), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash camera and 8MP front shooting camera with LED flash.
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Moto G6 Plus:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto G6 Plus
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto G6 Plus.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto G6 Plus.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto G6 Plus.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Moto G6 Plus.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Moto G6 Plus [Updated]
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G6 and G6 Plus
- Common Moto G6 Plus Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola Moto G6 Plus based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola Moto G6 Plus