Motorola Moto G8 Plus smartphone was launched in October 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Moto G8 Plus. This custom ROM is based on the Android 10 GSI build. Full Credits to Recognized Developer SnowTalker behind AOSP GSI and also Havoc developers.
If you are wondering what is GSI? well, GSI stands for Generic system image. It is a file-system image that you flash to your device’s system partition. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support.
To install Havoc OS on Moto G8 Plus, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
It comes with a 6.3-inches IPS LCD display with a 1080×2280 pixels resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio as well. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. While the storage can be expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card. The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie with pure Android UI out-of-the-box. It sports a non-removable 4,000 mAh battery which supports fast charging as well. In terms of the camera department, the Moto G8 Plus has a triple rear camera setup of a 48 MP primary (f/1.79) + a secondary 16 MP camera (f/2.2) + a third 5MP camera (f/2.2). While it has PDAF, HDR, Panorama, and an LED flash. On the front side, the handset features a 25 MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Download Required Files
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on Moto G8 Plus.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus. [How to Install]
- Havoc OS zip file: Download (With Gapps)
- Havoc OS zip file: Download (Without Gapps)
- Download any latest Gapps file:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Moto G8 Plus:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Moto G8 Plus
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the required TWRP file, Havoc OS file, and Supported GApps file from below.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Moto G8 Plus Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Havoc OS on Moto G8 Plus.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Havoc OS on Moto G8 Plus based on Project Treble GSI images.
- Motorola Moto G8 Plus Stock Firmware: How to Install Stock ROM
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto G8 Plus | Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus and root using Magisk
- Common Problems in Motorola Moto G8 Plus and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola Moto G8 Plus