Nokia 6.1 Plus (codenamed drg-sprout/dragon) is the latest budget device from HMD Global which came out in the year 2019. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie under Android One. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Nokia 6.1 Plus. The ROM is developed by XDA Senior member Raghu varma. Full Credits to him and the team behind Havoc OS.
To install Havoc OS on Nokia 6.1 Plus, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Download Required Files
- Download the latest Nokia USB Drivers
- Havoc OS zip file: Download [If link is broken, check official forum]
- Download any latest Gapps file:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
What's Working and What's not
Double-tap to wake
Double-tap to sleep
Selinux – permissive
All fixed for now. comment below if you face any bugs
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Nokia 6.1 Plus:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Nokia 6.1 Plus (drg-sprout)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the required TWRP file, Havoc OS file, and Supported GApps file from below.
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Format data by typing YES to confirm.
- Go to reboot –> Reboot to bootloader
- Now again boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Copy the ROM, Gappps and TWRP flashable zip
- Flash the ROM zip and TWRP installer zip
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Change to alternative slot
Example if you are on Slot a Change to slot b if you are on b change to a
- Now reboot to recovery
- You can now flash the Android 10 Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- Wipe all except system & vendor
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Nokia 6.1 Plus (drg-sprout).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.