Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro (gram/miatoll) launched in July 2019. The handset came with Android 10 Q. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Poco M2 Pro.
To install Havoc OS on Poco M2 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
The handset comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display that has 1080×2340 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 450 nits of brightness, HDR10 screen, and more. It has an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU, 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage option that has a dedicated microSD card slot. It runs on Android 10 on the top of MIUI 11 preloaded.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Poco M2 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Poco M2 Pro
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Poco M2 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Poco M2 Pro.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Poco M2 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Poco M2 Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro Firmware Flash File (Back To Stock ROM)
- Common Problems in Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Install TWRP Recovery for Poco M2 Pro | How to Root it
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Poco M2 Pro
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro based on Android 10 Q
- List Of Best Custom ROM for Poco M2 Pro [Updated]